IDSafe Terms & Conditions
- The IDSafe Choice program is sponsored by Manatee Community Federal Credit Union, named herein ("Sponsor").
- The Sponsor determines the "Eligible Group" - those accounts that will have the benefit provided as part of the account ownership. Account holders may forfeit the benefit and forego the fee for the benefit at any time ("Select-Out") by following the procedure defined by the Sponsor. Those account holders who do not Select-Out of the benefit are defined as the "Covered Group."
- Services are provided to the individual(s) in the Sponsor's Covered Group, and their eligible family members as defined below; the benefit is not extended to business accounts. Benefits are non-transferable.
- Benefits are extended to the Covered Group at the discretion of the Sponsoring Financial Institution and may be canceled upon 60 days notice to the Covered Group.
- Family coverage extends to the named account holders in the Covered Group, their spouse or domestic partner, dependants up to age 25 with the same permanent residence address as the account holder, including students and military, and parents of the account holder living at the same address as the account holder, or living in hospice, assisted living, nursing home or deceased for 12 months or less.
- Benefits have no cash equivalent and are non-transferable. Financial losses of any kind arising from the identity theft are not covered.
- Eligibility for recovery services is based on ID theft events that are discovered and reported to the Sponsor on or after the effective date of the program.
- Identity Theft is defined as fraud that involves the use of a consumer's name, address, social security number, bank or credit/debit card account number, or other identifying information without the knowledge of the consumer, and such information is used to commit fraud or other crimes.
- Services may be refused or terminated if it is deemed that the individual in the Covered Group is committing fraud or other illegal acts, making untrue statements, or failing to perform his/her portion of the recovery plan. Services will not be refused or terminated due to the complexity of a case. A provider of the identity theft services cannot be held responsible for failure to provide or for delay in providing services when such failure or delay is caused by conditions beyond its control.
- This program does not provide credit counseling or repair to credit which legitimately belongs to the individual in the qualifying group.
- Services are only available to residents of the United States. Identity recovery is only performed with agencies and institutions in the United States, or territories where U.S. law applies.
- Benefits are provided by a Services Provider selected at the sole discretion of the Sponsor.
Services will be canceled at the end of the month in which the Sponsor is notified that the Eligible Group member or Covered Group member has forfeited the benefit, or the end of the month following the sixty day period after the Sponsor has notified Covered Group members that the plan is canceled, whichever is first.