VISA Debit Card
A VISA debit card from Manatee Community Federal Credit Union gives you on-the-spot access to your MCFCU checking account without having to write a check. Pay for your purchases anywhere in the United States* that VISA is accepted and also at ATM Locations.
******LOST OR STOLEN: CALL 1-800-472-3272*****
******TO ACTIVATE AND RESET PIN: CALL 1-800-757-9848*****
ATM and VISA Debit Card / Safety
- Remember there is safety in numbers. Whenever possible, have another person accompany you.
- Be alert for any suspicious persons or circumstances when approaching an ATM or Night Depository. Should you observe or otherwise feel uneasy or uncomfortable with your surroundings, use a different ATM. Report the suspicious circumstances to the authorities.
- Be prepared to transact business with transaction documents (i.e., deposit ticket) ready in advance.
- Memorize your Personal Identification Number (PIN). Do not write your PIN on your card or leave your PIN in your wallet or purse. Protect the secrecy of your PIN. Do not lend your Card and PIN to someone else. Do not leave your Card at/in the ATM.
- Keep your Card in a safe place. Treat your Card as you would cash. Report lost or stolen Card at once by calling 1-800-472-3272.
- Prevent others from seeing you entering your PIN. Shield the transaction area with your body or hand.
- Mark each transaction in you Account register. Keep your receipts and compare them against your account statements.
- Be aware of con games. If anyone asks you to withdraw money for any reason, leave the area and contact the proper authorities.
- Upon completing your transaction, retrieve your Card and receipt, and leave the area at once. Do not count or otherwise visually expose any money received from the ATM.
- Continue to observe your surroundings for any suspicious persons or circumstances such as anyone following or approaching you.
Always maintain a safe distance between you and any stranger. If you believe that you are being followed, you should go to the nearest place where there are people and contact law enforcement authorities.
Travel Outside the United States
To protect our members and the credit union Visa Debit Cards are only accepted in the Continental US. If you are planning on traveling internationally we encourage you to apply for our Mastercard credit card.
*PLEASE NOTE THAT VISA DEBIT CARDS CANNOT BE USED FOR RENTAL CARS.
Using your Manatee Community FCU Visa debit card is simple. Now, fraud monitoring is just as seamless with two-way text alerts.
- Our free fraud monitoring network watches for suspicious or unusual transactions
- If a suspicious transaction appears on your card, you'll receive a text from Manatee Community FCU asking if it's legitimate
- Text back to confirm or deny the transaction
- Simple, quick and easy
- MCFCU debit card holders are automatically enrolled
To protect yourself against text fraud or scams please note that Manatee Community Federal Credit Union will never ask you for account number or passwords.
For two-way text alerts to work as intended, it is extremely important to make sure we have your correct cell phone number. Just log onto your online banking. Click on the settings button (the wheel in the top right corner) and then go to "Personal Information". Here is where you can make sure we have your correct cell phone number.
Watch our video to learn more about Two-Way Text Alerts!
Important news about a VISA mandate
Due to an upcoming VISA mandate, your Manatee Community Federal Credit Union will automatically be in enrolled in Visa Account Updater startng September 26, 2017. This service will provide updates to merchants who maintain card-on-file (COF) account information to process recurring customer payments, such as subscriptions or utlity companies. These services will assist with reducing the number of declined transactions due to expired cards, lost/stolen cards, or other card-related changes not reported by the cardholder to impacted merchants.
What does this mean for you, the cardholder?
If your debit card is expired, lost/stolen or closed for any other purpose, merchants that you have authorized to take recurring payments out of your account will still be able to process those payments.
You can opt out of this service by completing the online Visa Account Opt-Out Updater form below: